Thursday, April 24, 2008

An unusual experience in a usual day !!!!!

It was like just another weekend..very usual.. I went for shopping to Crawford Market with my friend while coming back we took a train from churchgate for andheri as usual we boarded in the ladies compartment..it was not too crowded we were just moving toward our destination passing each station.. it was around 9:00PM my co passengers were of different ages, belonging to different communities of the societies…few were busy talking among themselves while few were absorbed by their headphones
( which is a very usual trends in metro cities…thanks to the radio channels and the mobile manufactures !!) Any way I also belong to this group but “unfortunately” I forgot mine at my home, so I was reading Filmfare(as it featured Shahrukh) and my friend was reading Femina ! Meanwhile a very unusual but pleasant sound grabbed my attention …… I saw a very young boy (aged around 15 years) was playing a bollywood number in his Instrument ….Being trained in Indian Classical music I am aware of most of the Indian and western musical instruments but this one was really very different…And I was unaware of the name. It sounded like but designed like Ektara…but it was not ektara as it had 4 strings….and that boy was playing it so beautifully that even if you don’t have a music sensitive ear then also you will find it pleasant….but as its there metro culture nobody was interested in his music as people were to busy with their headphones . After completing the first song he played the next number which was a purely based on Raag Lalit ( It was kind of dhun ) !!! I was so amused and astonished that I was hardly able to stop myself talking with him …but somehow I didn’t!!!! I don’t know why ? I don’t how did he played that piece but I must say he was really very good at that. And if you are really interested in some form of music..you cant let off yourself from it !!! Then my destination Arrived and I gave that boy some money and moved out of train heading towards my Home…All that night I kept on thinking that why these kind of talent are never nourished, Why this form of music will be just a side by for all of us ! I don’t know I could I have helped him, giving him some money will definitely help him fulfilling his daily needs but, I wish I can do something more for all these street child who have some or other kind of talent in them. These kind of talent really make me feel that if this raw then how will it be after processing !!

No comments: